Testimonials – Meditation Teaching
Meditation Teaching — Individual Coaching — Corporate Consulting
- Selected by the US Army Reserves as Meditation & Life–Balance Provider for a National Combat Veteran Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program.
- “What I appreciate about Alan’s style is he is very intuitive and has a knack for getting to the core of issues, which allows me to feel out which stuck beliefs/ideas are holding me back.” — Bryan B
- “When I first met Alan, I was suffering from crippling depression and recovering from an eating disorder. I felt I had tried everything to remedy my problems with little success. Alan tailored his yoga therapy perfectly to fit my issues. He understood my goals and was very collaborative in the structure of our sessions. Alan was always available for questions between sessions and provided me with very helpful material — including magazine articles, books, workshop suggestions, and healthcare provider referrals — to supplement the work we did in session. I instantly felt my mood (and my body) lighten after only a couple of sessions. Private yoga therapy with Alan reminded me that the joy I have been seeking is located within me, and he taught me how to tap into it through with regular yoga and meditation practice. I now feel much more centered, peaceful, and connected to my spiritual source. I highly recommend yoga therapy with Alan for anyone who is looking for an alternative to (or in conjunction with) traditional psychotherapy and medical treatment… ” — Erica R.
- “After being told I would just have to suffer with bursitis and hip pain, I tried Yoga Therapy at the Center for Inner Awakening. After only one session with Alan and one week of practicing positions and stretches at home, my pain was almost totally gone and my mobility was markedly improved. Working with Alan has hastened my recovery and given me measurable relief — while letting me take a proactive role in feeling better and getting stronger. And that’s the truth!”… “Alan teaches in an accessible warm way that makes it easy to enjoy. He’s helped foster what I hope will be a lifelong interest for me.“ — Pamela Hill Nettleton, Editorial Director, Minnesota Monthly magazine
- “I sought counseling with Alan when I had a work issue that needed to be resolved. I was very emotionally distressed & found it difficult to make a decision. I knew I needed guidance but dreaded the thought of going through the sterile formality of seeking out a psychologist that would suit me. I wanted unbiased guidance in a comfortable setting with someone spiritually rounded whom I could trust. Alan was that person. He provided me with insight and new perspective. I left feeling confident in a decision that I was comfortable with & never regretting making.” — Shari O.
- “I’ve known Alan for 10+ years, both in a professional and personal capacity. After reporting that I’d been having insomnia for more than a year, Alan said he could help. Over the course of several private sessions, he taught me several breathing techniques, yogic practices involving sunlight and water to balance the nervous system, and targeted stretching. It really worked well for me. Alan has a wealth of knowledge stemming from his meditation and yoga training, plus can draw upon an eclectic, integrated background in various therapeutic modalities. His approach to healing is broad, inclusive and insightful.” —Jill Winegar, Program Director Sweatshop Health Club
- “I learned so much in the previous sessions. I thought it was exceptionally comprehensive and, yet, presented in a way that made it easy to understand. You offered practical instruction and readily answered questions during and after class. You were very approachable. I will take other classes in the future.” —Therese P., Meditation student
- “I’ve worked with Alan for several years and have been helped and inspired by him to continuing personal and spiritual growth. I’m grateful for the expertise, talent, skills and experience that he brings to all of his work. I highly recommend him to everyone.” — S. Nelson
- “The depth and breadth of information Alan provides and his ability to speak to each audience in an individualized way are exceptional. I highly recommend Alan as a presenter.” — Nancy Larson Haskin, President, Children’s Health Care Foundation
- “Alan’s meditation techniques and spiritual insights have enhanced my quality of life in numerous ways. Chief among these is a greater sense of well–being and contentment, and the gut– realization that happiness comes from within, not without. Working with Alan has also given me a stronger sense of choice in regards to my inner life, a heightened capacity to engage the thoughts and feelings that nourish my being and to let the others go — in short, a greater hand in shaping my daily experience. He is an inspiring and empowering teacher!” — B. Love
- “Alan’s facilitation is unobtrusive, yet powerfully focused. Quality and integrity are hallmarks of working with Alan, not to mention he’s fun!” — Lynn S. La Froth, editor publisher, Twin Cities WELLNESS newspaper
- “I’ve known Alan as my yoga and mediation teacher, and mentor for over three years and have benefited tremendously from his training and counsel. He easily relates to the challenge and discipline of my six year experience as an Army Ranger squad leader and ten years as an Outward Bound Instructor. His style is intuitive, direct, and sensitive. I wholeheartedly recommend Alan to anyone who is looking for meaningful personal growth.” — Pete Luellen
- “Having been a marine in Vietnam and operated a kung fu studio for 25 years, I’ve seen my share of personalities in life. I’ve known Alan over thirty years; from the time we trained together in martial arts to the years he’s dedicated to meditation and yoga practice. He’s one of the “old–school” types, a dedicated and hard–working guy who takes his training and teaching seriously with a mind to offering his best so others can be their best. I highly endorse his ethics, knowledge, and capability.” — Norm Orr, Sifu, American Kung Fu